The Order of field Elements

you will find a screenshot-url below. It shows a very small mod with only two elements. I would still like to be able to organise the “order of the field-elements” ! This is why: When the user/my_customer starts to edit a mod , he will see all field-elements in a “mistaken order” . That order does not represent the order the content is displayed his website. I would prefer to order the field-elements to appear in the same ‘natural order’, they also appear on the customers website !

In the future, I will start building much bigger mods, with large amounts of field-elements inside just one mod. My total amount of live-mods is limited. Thus I will attempt to build mods as big as possible. The number of “fields” is unlimited.
My screeshot-url contains several typos and grammatical errors in its description, please rather refer to my above sentences :wink:

Thanks for reiterating! This is getting close to the top of our queue and a few others have requested it also, so hopefully we will have this in the near future.

just a thought: the field are all insie one mod. And the order the fields wil have on the live-webpage will actually actually be provided from within the HTML markup of the mod itself, am I right? So why not take the order the fields have inside the html markup of the mod and let that order be the order they are displayed inside the editor? I have not thought about this in detail at all , just wanted to drop you a line as the thought came across :wink:

This is a great idea and would probably make things a lot easier. We’ve added it to our discussion list to see how feasible it is. Thanks!

just a thought: the fields are all inside one mod. And the order the fields wil have on the live-webpage will actually always be provided within the HTML markup of the mod itself. Therefore why not take the order the fields have inside the html markup of the mod and let that be the order the fields are displayed inside the editor?

It is a nice idea :smiley:

We will probably end up doing manual ordering so that you can set whichever one you want to be first. That way if something is more important in the CSS or JS, etc you could handle those cases.

It’s on our roadmap :world_map:

1 Like