Styling of mods

I just started to get familiar with your documentaiton on anymod.com. I grasped I can add mods. Which is fabulous, although I wonder about the styling of those elements, the existing styles will cascade into the new element, will they not? and do you deliver css-rules together with the html-markup of those mods? Anyway, my situation is a static 10 page-website, pretty simple, and I would like to offer my customer a CMS for that page. Can I apply your service and make the entire page editable , or would I have to
rewrite the existing Tags for them to become mods?

Great question! Your mod styling will not cascade, as it is sandboxed to apply only to the mod it is used on. Anymod delivers everything (HTML, styling, JS, data) together in one call for all mods, regardless of how many are on the page.

Anymod would be great for what you’ve described. In order to make parts of your page editable, you do need to add them as mods though.

There is a nice writeup here about making parts of your page editable: https://guide.anymod.com/examples/make-page-editable.html. It is mostly copy/paste

Ah, now I am grasping it. It took me some time… I can cut the code out of my website and paste it into the mod?

and my pre-existing Styles cascade into your mod-elements?

Exactly. Your pre-existing styles will still apply as long as you keep your class names, etc.

If you add styling to the mod itself via the editor, it will apply to only that mod. So you have both options.

okay. I should probably not just take the body as one element (hehe) , but is there any advice on how large/small the mods I am creating should be

besides, I feel you might do your first-time visitors a favour if you more clearly state this cut and paste concept, it is great, but it took me a bit too long to really grasp it, I think :wink:

maybe others have the same issue

Usually it is nice to think of it as sections that you might want to edit at the same time.

And that is great feedback, thank you! We’re working on the landing page right now so I will share it with the team

okay, understood about the sections. I might be back with some more questions within the upcomming days