Rollback to drafts

Hi Tyler, I thought about the following scenario today: I felt my costomer might happen to do some severe mistake while trying to edit inside anymod, or happen to loose large portions of text (or images) unintentionally (somehow). I wonder if I might be able to recover the lost data somehow? I have not yet looked into the DRAFTs method enough, I must admit. Probably I should do that first … If you tell me to, I certainly will :wink: While thinking about data-loss, I spontaneously wondered if I can create “Backups” to save the status of the entire project at a given time, so I could grab data from that backup in case of emergency?

Hi Stefan, that is a feature we want to add. We’d like to make it so that you can roll back to the last ~100 saves for any given section. That will probably get implemented in the coming months, but it is not available just yet.

To your point about drafts though, that is a good way to do it now. If your client is working on a draft and they mess something up, you can still refer to the live copy before publishing and you’ll be able to recover everything. Drafts are also nice because you can just send your client a link and they don’t have to log into the Anymod dashboard :+1:

Okay, I will investigate deeper into the drafts soon. Not mainly due to the backup-issue but because of the potentially better way to communicate with my client about updates. Also, that way I would stay up to date. The better the workflow the better for me ; ) PS: About the Backups; That sounds great. I will be glad to have that option, but at the end of the day, I am not too scared about data loss anyway. Most likely I will never get into a situation where I would truely need the backup , but it is a great feeling to now the backup is available (thus it is nice to know backups are on the roadmap) - I will look into drafts soon :wink: But actually, I might not like the back and fourth with my client about the changes very much, so I have a tendency to let him edit the data directly from his site. Will have to think more about that. Also: provided I received a notification about changes to the draft (with a log to visualize the changed parts) then I would still not know if my customer wants me to publish that version or not. So maybe a button would be grand, the customer could hit the button once he wants the admin to check and publish his changes? hmmm… never mind… this is not yet thought about well enough from my side… I am just brabbeling ; )