MOD cannot be accessed in EDIT-MODE at all

Hi,

Is there a way to overwrite some styling at the moment the Anymod-EDIT-MODE is activated?

This Button is the only element inside of my new MOD. I styled it position: absolute.

My customer will never be able to edit the MOD as he will remain unable to reach it.

Can you suggest any workaround for me and my customer?

Please find the respective button at the very button of the page

this URL is only accessible for Tyler. :
https://skysails.info/marine_performance/index.html

https://anymod.com/projects/8P24PE/dashboard

1 Like

It looks like the mods are stacked and that’s making it so you can’t select the log in button one – is that correct?

I don’t know if we have a good solution for this yet, but you might try putting the Log In button lower in the HTML than the footer section. I don’t know whether that will work but it might.

We’ll discuss this in our team and think of a good way to solve it.

Quick Feedback: I tested it, but relocating the Login-Mod lower inside the HTML did not help.

I am aware this might be an edge case. But the same issue is also true to my fixed nav-bar on the same site (sort of : ).

Glad if you can come up with a solution. I could imagine to auto-Overwrite Fixed and absolute positioning in general as soon as the Edit-Mode is started , but that would of cause destroy the layout. I am pretty sure you will come up with a much better idea / solution for this.

Looking forward.

Sorry to say: This page is a bit dirty when it comes to the css - I hope It was not my fault in the end

1 Like

my customer cannot access this, and this, and this, and the login-Button inside the footer element , as well as several other mod-elements

https://skysails.info/marine_performance/

I think this is due to the same issue you described above. we’ll have a fix for this in the coming weeks, since we’re re-doing some of the on-page editor UI

1 Like

looking forward!

This ticket is about MODS and their absolute position and z-index on my webpage: My client keeps comming back to me with requests to change tiny amounts of text, because they are unable to edit them themselves. I will then open the inspector for them, as this is the only way to access and read out the anymod ID . then I will open anymod.com, then I will call the Project (which is hidden in the hidden part of the project list), then I will search for the mod name, (while “anymod-lllmal” will not yield any results, so I will delete that string down to lllmal until the search for lllmal will yield a result finally), and then I will open that mod and edit that part of the text on behalf of my client. I do so because my client remains unable to access the mods himself. The reason is their absolute position and z-index) - looking forward

We haven’t forgotten about this – we’re coming out with a new editor interface and it should be out soon!

Great! Looking forward to the new interface editor

(after hitting the EDIT-PEN-ICON) The non-visibility of certian mods on the website still is an issue :

This is an issue whenever my client attempts to edit my newly established METATAG-MODs as well, of cause.

But no longer do I consider this to be a serious issue, though.

My client will simply pick up the phone and give me a call if he needs some support.

Furthermore he can open the anymod.project-page and search/filter the result to locate the relevant seo MODS , he can do so himself.

My client should be able to edit the Metatags using this “workaround”-Way to edit all non-accessible-Mods .

Still it would be nice to have a solution here.

Nevertheless I feel this issue has a much lower priority (personally) than it used to have for me :wink:

Currently my number one concern is the multi-language support and the Meta-Tags :wink:

I wish for a nice day for everybody!

That is how we have prioritized it too – we’re working on the multi-language first, and then we’ll make another way to select mods on a page (even if they aren’t visible, like the meta tags!)

All Mods should become visible as soon as the Editor starts to use the EDIT-PENCIL.

My Client has some SEO-Mods on his page , they cannot be accessed at all.

Also the navigation-Element cannot be accessed via the webpage at all.

The same is true for the swing-up-feedback-mod and various further mods on the webpage .

AnyMod still lacks the capability to display all mods.

All Mods should become visible as soon as the Editor starts to use the EDIT-PENCIL.

This is true since over one year, and it causes the admin to takover several simple edit-tasks for the client, as the client cannot handle the CMS by himself.

This still happens over and over again.

PS: Second message, same day:

A workaround solution just comes to mind:

You may add another Array to the V2 Script. The Admin will mnually identify all non-propperly-accessible-MODS himself.

The Admin will then manually add all of those Mod-Strings to the Array.

Once the client clicks the EDIT-PENCIL an ADDITIONAL and well visible LAYER may be added to the Body tag, or alternatively see screenshot below