Insert in HTML button

I tried to note down a written explanation inside the screenshot, but that explanation turned out a bit complicated and misleading… What I actually wanted to say is : the new “insert in html”-Button is fabulous! The String will be inserted into the html-code-field at the very top. I would love it ost to be injected where the cursor resided. Because That is my workflow when dealing with newly created empty Mods: First I will paste a bigger chunk of html code them I will cut out the first text piece and create a field for it, then hit “insert to html” and then paste the content into the newly created field . Next thing I do is to head back to the html-field. I still need to copy paste the {{string}} to its correct location. That correct location will almost always be the place where my cursor resided anyway! Thus anymod could inject the {{string}} at the correct place right away by injecting it at the place where the cursor resided. I am aware this might potentially confuse some users , as it might cause them to not find the newly incected string at first sight. maybe slightly highlight the new string for 4 seconds directly after the injection?

We are eventually re-working this flow altogether. Instead of adding a field and then adding it into your HTML, we’d like to get to a point where you can just type {{ myField }} in the HTML area, and it will highlight that text and ask if you want to create a field. Would that be better or worse for you than inserting where the cursor is?

both soultions would be similarly fine with me, I guess :wink: The approach you suggested above might need more of a learning-curve for newcommers to grasp. The moment I would start to like your suggested approach (Type_fieldName) better than my approach (cursor-location) would be the moment I could just type a string without those {{{ brackets }}} as my notebook on windows turns it into a bit of a hassle to type those curly brackets each time. So a unique String like ‘anymod_text’ or ‘anymod_html’ or ‘anymod_link’ would be my favorite system I guess. And then beeing asked if I aim to create a field would be fabulous, yes :slight_smile: