Image increasing size

My mod contains one animated gif with 1.3 mb , thus I compressed the gif and uploaded it again. The compressed file has 621KB, after uploading it, the file still has 1,3MB?! If seems I remain unable to truely upload the image? Does anymod still provide the old GIF even though I uploaded the newly compressed file as a replacement to the previously used image?

I will bring this up with Cloudinary, as they are processing the image to “optimize” it, which in this case seems to be increasing its size. I don’t know if this can somehow lead to faster downloads, but I’ll ask.

If you want, you could use a text field instead of an image field and manually add whatever URL you want. So if you wanted to host the smaller gif on another service, you could do that.

I have tried uploading several times to Cloudinary and I am getting the same issue as you: 1.3MB every time.

Hi Stefan, I was able to upload the image to be smaller. I downloaded it to my desktop, renamed it, and then uploaded it from my local filesystem.

I suspect that Cloudinary may cache images uploaded by URL, but I don’t know why one way is different than another.

Ah, cool, you managed! I did try the same, I also renamed the file and tried to upload from my desktop without success.

Thank you.