How to migrate to anymod?

from typo3 to anymod. Migrate from other CMS-Systems to “AnyMod-Only”…
I wonder how realistic it might be to actually
migrate from typo3 to anymod?

I am not into typo3, but I do have some 4 customers who aim to leave typo3 and are in need of a simple and efficient new solution. Their typo3-version is super-outdated.

I am curious to hear your satement about this. Has this ever been done before?
Is anymod intended to fully replace other cms-systems. (I am aware you could write a book about the pros-and cons , and it is pretty much impossible to provide a sufficient reply to my question. I did put my question in a very generalistic way… I will be greateful for any short lines of insight you might be able to provide .

Hi Stefan, thanks for all the messages! I’ll go through them each :smiley:

For typo3 transition, it would depend on how your clients are using the platform. If it is primarily to manage blocks of content and images, then Anymod would be an excellent replacement. If it is to change between themes, build pages on their own (without knowing HTML), or to do in-depth blogging, then Anymod is not as good of a fit. I am happy to chat more about their needs!

Hi Tyler, all of your answers are truely very helpful! I will drop a short reply to each of them. Okay: Thank you for the typo3-reply! Your answer really helped me to visualize the pros and cons better. Once I read through your reply, I grasped the potential weak points with anymod. But as my customer is almost not blogging at all, and does not change themes and does not frequently create new pages on their own, I should be fine. So their case might be considered as pretty simple. Though the site has some approx 50 pages all together, which is not supersmall! And two languages (each document will need to be delivered multi-language). I imagine I might rather start with a smaller sized project. I feel a bit insecure. Pity I currently happen to have that bigger usecase at hand just now, I feel it is a bit too early for me to run for it. Let me know about multi-language.

Great to hear you have some interesting use cases in mind!
Multi-language support is pretty straightforward with Anymod. Say you have a field in your section called ‘content’. You can just create another field called ‘content_de’ (for example) and use that as the German language version of the same content. Then within your section, you can use the URL or JavaScript to determine which field to display on the page. Let me know if you have any questions about that!

cool! Thank you! That is great news indeed!