Goal: find specific strings inside HTML / JS / CSS by SEARCH

I remain unable to relocate the post I wrote some moth ago, thus I will repost my issue:

I would love to search within the CODE inside the mods JS / HTML / CSS to find strings

watch for the SEARCH field of the chrome Editor in the top right corner. Chrome Editor does not do a great job searching for strings in the three Mods Code-fields.

https://anymod.com/projects/8P24PE/dashboard

Thanks for following up. This has been implemented but not yet pushed, so it should be live soon :+1:

Hi Stefan (@falling-hat-59l2), this is now live for up to 300 lines of code in each panel, which should cover most mods. We’ll do some performance before increasing that line number, but for now it should mostly work :+1:

Let us know if you have any issues!

cool!

ctlr + F does still bring up the Chrome Search bar.

I found no other option to initialize the search.

Can you help me to get going?

Hi Stefan, we made it so that the browser’s native search will search all 3 code sections together.

The other option would be to search only in the panel with the cursor, using a non-browser search experience.

Which one do you think would be more useful?

oh fabulous. I did not grasp the functionality at all while I performed my first try. I gave it a second attempt just now and the result is fabulous! I can see all strings highlighted across al panels, that is just perfect. The only “problem” this method might have is that the user may not be aware the search-function actually got run successfully, IF the string to search for was found ZERO times. That might leave the user thinking the search was not performed at all. At least this is what happened to me. Not a big deal though :wink: Great to have this new search option! I love it already ! !

1 Like

Great feedback! We’ll keep an eye on it and see if people have issues :+1: