Drag & drop reordering for list

This is the next big thing on my list. The up/down arrows for reordering items are quite clunky and prone to frustration. Have you seen the drag and drop reordering on the Sanity.io CMS editor? It’s really nice. Something like that, with grab handles and slot animation, would be fantastic here.

That would indeed be a nice touch. Added to our features list!

Yes. It’s quite slick. But they don’t have the killer feature you do - on-site editing. :boom:

If there is a well-tested Vue component we can get that up pretty quickly. No jQuery for us…

I agree! Loving Vue at the moment.

This one is very nice https://github.com/SortableJS/Vue.Draggable

Vue component of SortableJS, syncs with the model easily.

Thanks, I added that to the feature note. We have to make sure some of the clients, who can be on pretty janky machines TBH, will have a solid fallback.

That was the primary reason for using things like arrow reordering, etc

Agreed. But I think these JS drag and drop libraries are mature enough now to take that into account.

Yeah, and Vue is IE8+ anyway, so some of the true laggers just have to upgrade

Indeed. Maybe in the meantime, a couple more ‘move to top’ and ‘move to bottom’ would be helpful? Up arrow with a horizontal line across the top and down arrow with line across the bottom?

That might make reordering many items a lot quicker.

So the main feature would be easier reordering of long lists?

And drag/drop is a nice implementation of that need

Yes, main thing is easier/quicker reordering. If drag and drop is an easy way to implement that, great. But if another method is faster or more performant then whatever it takes :slight_smile: