Customer don't edit code

Okay: I will soon have a new customer. And I realize that this customer is the type of customer I would want to permit for him to edit his text and his images, but not the anymod-code. The risk is too high, at least that is the way I feel. And I feel the same regarding my other two existing anymod.customers , I thought I might mention it: I would love a user.right.setting to allow for the editing of pics and images, but to disallow for the mods code. As far as I remember, this is not available. This is absolutely just a note I wanted to make. Just in case you find out many other ‘admins’ feel the same, and if technically feasible, … You might put it on the long term roadmap

Hi Stefan, this is available by sending your customer their own draft link that they can use to make edits. They don’t even need an Anymod login for that. Is your use case that you want them to be able to log into the Anymod dashboard and view the code, but not modify it?

Hi Tyler, I dont mind if my customers can look at the code or if they cannot look at the code, no, that is not my use case. But I taught my customers how to edit their Website by using that little pencil, and so that is what they do: They log into anymod with their account and change the content directly on their webpage. I would like to have it that way. I feel the drafts where a bit unstable 4 month ago. Also, I would have to integrate the changes from the draft towards the live-page manually myself, wount I? Also, What happens I I edit something on my end while they edit their draft? and more than that, they would have to forward an email over to me each Time they changed their draft version, right? And will the draft URL always remain the same, over the years ahead? Should the customer store that URL and search for it each time they intend to do changes? what happens if that URL gets into wrong hands for whatsoever reason? I feel it is most adequate to provide my customers with a propper login for their account. Only do I not want them to edit the code. And this is why I do not want them to edit the code: I would not even realize if they did so. Thus: I would neither know what they changed, nor when. And the outcome of such changes is very unpedictable, and often not visible on first sight. Thus I would be totally in the blind when it comes to repairing their damage. I assume if that happens, my customer will not remember himself, about what and where and why he changed in the code accidentially. So everybody would be totally in the blind-zone. That is something I would like to avoid. Therefore, I strive for a login for my customers, but limitated for Editing Text and images (with the pencil). I have to mentin , though, my knowledge about the draft functionalities is outdated and limited :wink: So I assume, many of my assumptions might be mistaken. I welcome every opportunity I get to rethink my aproach. I might e.g. consider to integrate a “hidden Link-Field” for my customer, to klick upon and thus open the draft version of their page, for them to them easily edit the page. Provided I will receice an automated email form anymod for each change my customer does, I might accept that way of dealing with my customers edits as well. It would have the advantage of me knowing when and what they change, and the slight disadvantage of having to work for them each time they perform an edit. (even though It will be a tiny bit of work on my side). So basically, I am not well enough acquainted with those draft functionalities.

will one draft work for all pages of my webportal or will I need to create aone draft per page?

You can create a draft that will work on all pages of your site, and all your client has to do is click on the link. If you want your client to be able to publish edits themselves, you can add a password to the link, which they can enter in order to publish their draft. You can also view the draft to see what (if anything) has changed since it was last published.

Okay, thank you, that is valuable additional information. I still somewhat dont feel familiar with this method, but I might give it a try. Maybe I will start playing with a dummy draft on another project first of all, to better understand the process. thanks again!

Please let us know if anything is unclear while you’re doing it – we’d love to make the process easier to understand

will do! First feedback right away: I would like to be able to delete drafts. My Third draft creation was successful, the first two where not. As I might be confused when I come back to the draft management site in 1 month time, I would love to delete the irrelevant two. just to keep track and have a better overview over my active drafts. (No need to manually delete anything for me this time. This is just feedback for the future …

This is on our roadmap, and I’ll make sure it gets bumped up :grinning: