Code editor on site

Hey Tyler, usually I always access the anymod MOD.editor from the anymod.com webpage: And, as it seems, the only way to access the three Fields: (HTML / CSS / JS) in fact is to open the anymod website and to find the relevant Mod, then open the mod and then work on it. In order to do that, I will pretty often start to look at the html code on my website, and I will be searching for the mods unique name in the inspector, and with that information at hand, I will then head over to the anymod.com website in oder to find my way to that MOD and then call that Mod, and then I can start editing the mod. This is fine. But I realize from time to time, I would like to directly access the MOD.editor from my live-webpage. When I use the word ‘directly’ I am thinking about visiting my customers website, then hitting the little famous ‘anymod.edit Button’ (at the far-right of the page…), and then … access the mod.editor! But regretfully, I found out it is not possible to access the MOD.editor this way. The only edits I can do when I come from the live-webpage, is the editing of the content! (pics and text) . But I seem to remain unable to access the actual mod.editor (html CSS JS) when I am comming from the website. So: when editing the content inside my customers project-live.webpage , from time to time , I feel It might be possible for me to save some time, if I was only able to access the mod.editor via the website “directly”. Could you provide “admin-roles” for anymod-users , … and IF somebody logged into anymod as ADMIN, and is assigned the role of an admin when he/she is opening the live-website , that person would be allowed to access the mod.editor directly from the webpage? Or, hmmm… well, I think it would already be helpful if you merely provided a URL to directly reference to the mod.editor in another _blank window. That would circumvent my search for the MOD’s name inside the source code. If that LINK was available , while I am live-editing a certain mod on the live-website , then: All I had to do to reach the respective MOD.Editor would be to click that link. The need to search for the appropriate mod and then navigate there on the anymod.com-homepage would cease to exist

Hi Stefan, thanks for this great feedback. We have experimented with allowing the code editor on the live website as you mentioned, and for the most part it works. There are some edge cases with the javascript though, which we’re still working on. We are hoping to have this feature available in the future – we’re working on it!

Hey Tyler, allowing the code editor directly on the live website would still be a great improovement. But as a quick workaround, I would love a tiny “direct-link”, displayed for admins only, to allow me to directly jump to the respective Mod-editor inside a new anymod-Window with just one click. This is why: Currently I am forced to inspect the code on my live website each time, as I cannot head over to the anymod-editor before I have identified the mods-name. Only after I found that name, I will be able to head over to anymod.com and paste that name into the searchbar. Once I am there, I can then load that mod and start using the mods-code-editor. A “direct-URL” towards that mod-code-editor would massively ease that process (The link would be added to the live-edit-interface)

That’s a great idea Stefan, and one that should be pretty easy for us to implement.

I’ve added it to our near term roadmap, so it should be out shortly!

Hi Stefan, this feature is live. You should now see a link to the code editor in the top right corner whenever you edit a mod on your own page (if you’re logged in to Anymod).

great! This will be a major time saver for me !

yes, I tested it, this is truely GREAT! Thank you!