Bug with my mod

I suspect this might be an AnyMod Bug, but I might also be wrong. Okay, here comes the error description (I tested for a long time, until I fould out what is happening here. The error does not make sense, so I am curious to get to know if you can confirm the error… Here we go: see:https://anymod.com/mod/bnbod?h1=33&h2=100

and THE MOMENT I UNCOMMENT ALL OF THE BELOW CSS RULES (from line 10 until the end) THE ABOVE CSS-RULE WILL TAKE EFFECT. BUT THE ABOVE CSS-RULE WILL NO LONGER APPLY, ONCE I ADD THE BLOW RULES. WHY?
see additional screenshot

I narrowed down the case even further :

the moment the issue arises is the moment line 38 is applied:

content: ‘»’;

this will disable the css-selector in line 2-4:

.BlackWorkaround {
color: #000 !important;
}
see

This is a very bizarre bug indeed!

Changing it to content: 'a' will cause it to work just fine. It appears to be an issue with the ‘»’

We’ll have to research this one a little bit, as everything appears to be making it into the DOM the way we would intend.

Hi Stefan, we found the issue and it was pretty strange, but we’ve fixed it. Your mod appears to be working now.

Looks like any unicode character like ‘»’ was causing the CSS to have a leading “BOM marker” invisible character, which works fine unless the style is added inline.

Anyway, the problem should be resolved now. You will need to change + re-save the CSS for any mods that were experiencing the issue. Please let us know if you still see it after!

yeah, that was a weird issue. Reading your feedback, At first , I thought that the invisible char might have been pasted in ( because I copied the plain css-code from codepen.io over to the anymod css textarea-field ) , but then again… no… your inline-BOM-marker explanation sounds even more reasonable. It is now 2 years ago I was wildly fighting with UTF-8 mistakes and some invisible characters turned out to be the root cause of my issue back then.
They resulted from copying code from my windows-operating machine, over to a mac system, which was unable to propperly identify the character. Anyway… Great to have this solved too ; ) Thanks! Happy weekend, Stefan

PS: I deleted the demo-Mod (used to report the issue), as I expect neither you nor me will need it anymore. And I can confirm the issue is gone in my live-mod.