API not turning off

Hey Tyler, I was having some fun playing around with get requests to fetch data from the Anymod api: http://5oclockboys.com/anymod_data_only.html I might very well be mistaken, but as far as I can see, I should not expect your api to deliver under the given circumstances.

But I might be mistaken. The Domain is not whitelisted for the project and data-only-api is set to be NOT allowed. Still the api does deliver.

Hi Stefan, thanks for reporting this. Our team is looking into the issue and hopefully will have it resolved soon!

Hi Stefan, our team looked into this rather deeply and finally found the issue: it looks like anymod.com is whitelisted in your domain list, which was causing api.anymod.com to still deliver even though the API box was not checked. We have resolved this issue so that now unchecking the API box will not deliver under any circumstance. Please let me know if you still experience trouble with this!

This was quiet an unexpected finding. In Hindsight, it was probably rather not worth your time, or your Teams-Time, to debug this edge case. I was totally unaware the whitelisting of the anymod.com domain could possibly cause such an issue on API-Only requests. Such an exceptional setting! thanks again!

We actually considered this a bug – if you set the API to not deliver, then it shouldn’t deliver. So thank you for reporting!