Ability to have backup

My desire is to copy-paste the content insde the HTML-Field-Editor and store that HTML-Markup at some safe (but nearby) place.
I feel I want this, as users might delete too much content accidentially.

So I aim to make sure I have an appropriate copy at hand.

I would be fine with a second editor , without content inside. Let us call it the "backup-editor. So each html-Editor would offer a second editor called “backup” . I would then copy and paste the desired content into that second backup html-field.editor and that would be all there is to it. I would feel safer afterwards.

I feel I need this especially for HTML-Fields.

Hi Stefan, we’ve been thinking about different ways to do backups. Would you be most interested in backups at the individual field level, or at the mod level, or at the page level?

Hi Tyler, currently…, I do have a slight tendency to enrich v-html fields with individual styling and ID’s, I feel the html-fields carry the highest rist to become overwritten by the user accidentially . So I feel I need some sort of backup for html-fields especially, not to loose my structure. I would be unable to remember the html-markup-structure I create inside some of the v-html-fields. So I feel a high risk regarding other users acidentially deleting it into nnowhere, just dust :wink: As far as v-html fields are concerned, I would love to just manually take down some “notes” somehere related to that field. in my case, those “notes” (or comments) would be probably be used to just drop a copy of the entire field-content (at a time I choose myself). But I might as well have the need for my own notes at many further places within anymod. I am a great fan of those notes. By Notes I mean little areas (fiedls) I can use to scetch my personal comments and thoughts. So I think I would love to have a comment-field attached to ALL of those tiny little places (Places = one ‘individual note’ for each field-editor / one ‘individual note’ for the Mod with its 3 editing areas, and maybe one more ‘individual note on the page-level’) - The way I imagine those notes to integrate into the anymod interface is just a tiny small yellow note (much like a post-it-sticker-note e.g.), (somewhere in the nav-bar-area probably) and upon click a layer might come up, with a simple text-editor. That text-editor could be pretty much the same editor anymod already uses as the html-editor for v-html fields. So the use is free to note down anything he wants into that note-/or-Comment-FIELD, any thoughts, reminders, Code… whatever the user feels he would like to comment on, or remind himself about. This way the anymod- comment-system could probably serve as both , a reminder-board for comments and at the same time a back up location to store Text-drafts. By the way, text-drafts are a highty relevant issue for me! I would really badly love to be able to store text-drafts inside those “notes”. Because very often I created text-drafts I do not yet want to be online (or they shall only be online during the winter-season, while I have a different text-draf for the summer-season. So where do I store the winter-season text-draft during the summer-season? I would certainly want to store it within anymod. I know there might be workarounds to already do so (as of now), but the closer the storage of my text-drafts will be located to the place the original live-content is stored, the more convenient it will be for me, I guess. // I am aware the topic “communication about Mods for the team the mod has”, as well as “Backups” and those “personal notes and comments” are all very large flag-ship-topics , and will snowball yet another ocean of questions and user-requirements, which are currently mostly still totally in the dark. But as always, kiss applies, and I feel a simple note-taking sytem would do the anymod-system good. The user(s) shall decide for himself/herself what to use the comment-space for. All my thoughts come very much from the individual-mod-field-level. I have not yet mentioned my approach / needs regarding the backup on the mod- and page-level. Well: I do not need 100 backups incrementally for the last 100 days, but I would love to push a button at any given moment and be able to note down some comments&notes before I commit. A safety-version would be a great plus. I know you already do them in the background, but it does not feel as though I am really safe in case of data.loss, e.g. due to acidentially deleting the wrong mod, or acidentially deleting a the wrong field or content inside a field . I would not want the backup-versions to clutter my live anymod interface. I have not thought about how mod-backups may be structured, and I realize nothing much comes to mind when I shorty think about it, so I will skip my thinking about that. Nevertheless, I would feel better If I was provided with some mechanism to commit a backup and! note down some additional comments about it. That way I will know when and why and what I comitted . As compared against automated backups, a manual backup would provide me with a better feeling of control over the backups. Prett looong text, but thats the way it evoled.

Hi Stefan, this is great feedback! I’ve added the “notes” feature to our feature list for us to discuss and think about. I think it will be very handy, and possibly more useful than backups, as it is more flexible. Thanks for your input!